When we hear the word “chocolate”, the first thing the comes out of our mind is it is sweet and one is enough because of sugar. That is the reputation of chocolate because of the fact that mostly the reason for weight gain is sweets. To change your mentality or perception about it, here are some of the advantages of dark chocolate:
- It has antioxidants, especially the dark chocolate. And study shows that compared to a regular chocolate, dark chocolate has less sugar.
- It is very nutritious. It actually contains fiber at minerals.
- It improves blood flow.
- It lowers the cholesterol and blood pressure. And since it is lowering the cholesterol, it will be very unlikely to have heart failure with the right amount of dark chocolate.
- It improves performance on sports. There are pieces of evidence that proved that less oxygen level is being used during an activity but more distance is covered.
- It improves brain function.
If there are advantages, it is inevitable to also have disadvantages or risks.
- The top, when risks are being talked about, is the sugar level that might be affected due to too much chocolate intake of sugar.
- Weight gain which should be a signal to lessen the sugar intake.
- Tooth decay
Even though risks are outnumbered by the advantages, it is very important to monitor our sugar intake. Anything that is too much is considered bad. Again, limitations should always be present. Still feel guilty especially if you feel that you exceeded the limit you set for yourself. Purchase a highland cabinetry where you can store your chocolate and just get it if you need to eat one or if you are confident that you can still have more. What’s important here is learning the benefits of dark chocolate and avoiding the risks it can give.